|Location: NEWBURY, BERKSHIRE||Salary: 40000 - 45000 GBP Per Annum|
|Sector: Finance||Job Type: Permanent|
|Shift Type: N/A||Applications: N/A|
|Posted: 12 months ago||Reference: 3063979|
The main purpose of the role is to assist the GFC as required to achieve departmental priorities and objectives with particular focus on the preparation of timely and accurate management account and the effective management of the day to day of the finance function.
In addition you will be required to work closely with the GFC to deliver continuous improvements in the financial reporting and processes and management information systems.
• Preparation of accurate and timely management accounts and commentary following month end for review by the GFC, including data extraction and analysis and balance sheet reconciliations.
• Management of the day to day operation of the finance team to ensure accurate recording of sales invoices, purchase invoices and cashbook transactions and closure of the ledgers and reconciliation of balance sheet accounts to facilitate the timely production of the monthly management accounts
• Undertake coaching and performance management of finance staff in line with company recommended procedures, paying particular attention to the achievements, capabilities, training plans and skills progression of all staff.
• Maintain processes in order to ensure management accounts are produced within agreed timescales. Identify, investigate and make recommendations for improvements in processes and procedures and implement agreed improvements to deliver departmental efficiencies and facilitate the timely and accurate production of monthly Management Accounts.
• Assist the GFC with the preparation of budgets, reforecasts and financial models and reporting regularly against them.
• Assist the GFC with the preparation of monthly board packs, KPI reporting and general management information.
• Manage the company cash flow, produce short and long-term forecast and daily reporting to the CEO/GFC, and ensure that the overdraft is managed within agreed limits through efficient invoicing and debt collection, management of supplier payments and daily reconciliation of the bank accounts (including intercompany transfers).
• Working with the HR department to prepare the outsourced monthly payroll pack, verification of payroll data and ensuring that it is fully compliant with Company policies and procedures and HMRC and Pension regulations.
• Preparation of quarterly VAT returns
• Assist the GFC with the preparation of annual year end accounts and audit file
• Generally assist with duties in the accounts department to cover absence. This includes invoicing, accounts payable, credit control.
This is a great opportunity to work in a rounded finance role in a fast changing SME whilst working closely with and being supported by an experienced financial controller.
Salary up to £45k plus benefits and parking.
Sound like you ? Apply now!
35000 - 40000 GBP Per Annum
BLACKPOOL AIRPORT, LANCASHIRERead more
45000.00 - 55000 GBP Per Annum
50000.00 - 50000.00 GBP Per Annum
SWINDON, WILTSHIRERead more
70000 - 75000 GBP Per Annum
CENTRAL LONDON, LONDONRead more
60000 - 70000 GBP Per Annum
CENTRAL LONDON, LONDONRead more