I am recruiting for an Assistant Financial Accountant to join a fantastic company based in Redhill. You should be part qualified or training towards a recognised Accounting qualification.
You will be reporting into the Financial Accounting Manager and provide support to the Head of Accounting and Financial Accounting Manager by completing many of the large volume of monthly recurring tasks that are essential to reporting for statutory and regulatory requirements. You do not need experience working within the finance services sector although this is desirable.
- Monthly OPEX reporting for the joint venture partner, HCUK
- Posting monthly journals such as depreciation and provision charges
- Ownership of the HCUK Finance pack, which will include the analysis and review of the entities performance
- Post monthly Trial Balance for the PSA joint venture
- Assist with SPV reporting requirements
- Point of contact for external and internal auditors
- Assist in clearance of non-reconciling balance sheet accounts along with the submission of AORP reconciliations
- Responsible for administration of the AORP system
- Providing support to the financial accounting team such as raising regular CHAPS payments and investigating historic transactions
- Post Post-submission chess journals
- Assist with preparation of Submission 2 and Submission 3 reporting process each quarter
- Cover for the SCUK Opex Accountant
- Reports sent out twice monthly to cost centre managers and queries answered in a timely fashion.
- Completion of the SCUK, SPVs and contract hire AORP monthly reconciliations for all non-cash balance sheet accounts and clearance of subsequent reconciling items by monthly deadline and administer any changes by separate deadline.
- Preparation of pack including supporting documents.
- Maintenance and refreshing of monthly finance dashboards for all SCUK group entities. Key file used for reporting of numerous linked reports for other areas of finance.
- Financial Accounting team
- Financial Management / Treasury team
- Gesban/ Central Statutory Reporting teams
- External Stakeholders:
- External auditors (currently PWC)
- Internal audit
- HCUK Finance and Cost Centre Managers
- PSA Joint Venture
- Strong communication
- Problem solver
- Persuading and influencing
- Strong numeracy skills
- Attention to detail must be high
- Ability to work alone and part of a team
- Strong excel skills is essential
- Performance Related Bonus – IIS – qualifying earnings potential between 10% and 22%
- 27 days holiday
- Retirement Plan - defined contribution scheme (employee is auto enrolled at a 5% contribution rate and company contribute 7%)
- Life assurance 10 x pensionable salary (if you join “the Plan”)
- Flexi holiday (buy or sell up to 5 days holiday entitlement from the following year’s entitlement)
- Hyundai ECS – opportunity to lease a Hyundai at discounted rates
- Save as you Earn share options
- Private Medical Insurance
- Variety of discounted retailer, entertainment and restaurant vouchers available on a monthly basis
- Local to train station
Please apply for immediate consideration.