We are ecstatic to be recruiting for a truly exciting opportunity for a reputable national client who are looking for a confident, driven and capable Assistant Finance Manager to join their finance team in Sheffield.
This wonderful client really do value their people and offer a friendly, safety first working environment with a competitive package as well as significant opportunities for career development and progression. Please find below the details.
- Reporting to the Contract Commercial Manager with functional reporting to the General Manager, this role will be responsible for the day to day running of the finance and payroll departments
- Manage all site financial activities in a manner that adds value to the client and the business to achieve key operational performance objectives
- To ensure financial control requirements are met providing a reliable service to the operation whilst meeting budgetary requirements
- To ensure a high quality and efficient service is provided both internally and externally to achieve site targets.
- Leading the finance and commercial relationship with the customer
- Responsible for overseeing period ends inclusive of variance analysis including preparation of high-quality key financial information for internal and external customers
- Facilitating and leading Annual Budgets and Forecasting key stakeholders
- Develop and maintain a motivated team by providing direction, two-way feedback / communication and effectively monitoring performance to ensure high levels of service are achieved.
- To communicate key performance targets in all areas conveying facts and ideas clearly, accurately, effectively and persuasively both orally and in writing.
- Communicate contractual requirements and the benefits of change, demonstrating a clear understanding of the commercial and operating environment of the business and client
- Build a rapport, develop trust with the customer and colleagues
- Ensure audits are conducted in line with company policy and procedure and financial regulations.
- Ensures relevant financial policies are applied, financial records are accurate, budgets and forecasts accurately completed
- Understands and embraces the culture of the site and actively participates in developing an open / honest environment.
- Integral member of the Senior Management Team which has the responsibility for driving safety, people, service, financial and commercial performance to ensure the company deliver their contractual obligations
- Recognised accounting qualification ACCA/ACMA/ACA would be desirable
- Strong numeric / literacy skills
- Proven leadership skills
- Experience of warehouse and distribution would be useful but not critical
- Understanding the dynamics of open/closed book contracts would be desirable
- Customer relationship management experience is desirable but not essential
- £30,000-33,000 salary per annum
- Company pension scheme
- 25 days hols + statutory bank holidays with the option to buy more
- Share incentive plan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee benefits online discount platform
- Onsite parking
- Onsite canteen + much more
- Significant opportunities for career development and progression
Go ahead and apply now because it's time for you to #LoveMondays!