ASSISTANT COMMUNITY RELATIONS OFFICER
The Main Purpose of the role:
To support the development of strong community and stakeholder relationships and the planning,
delivery and evaluation of consultations and community investment programmes.
1. Support staff with the organisational planning of consultation events and
community investment programmes.
2. In liaision with other members of the Community Relations team, the Communications team
and external providers, help write and distribute consultation and event materials (for example,
letters, newsletters, web content, flyers, posters, display materials, statutory notices, survey
forms and questionnaires).
3. Maintain an up-to-date database of all stakeholder and community groups including MPs,
Councillors, borough partners, sponsors, Tenant and Resident Associations, Tenant
Management Organisations, schools and GP practices.
4. Map key conversations and maintain an accurate information system having regard for
statutory and regulatory frameworks on the recording of personal information.
5. Help collect, collate, prepare and compile data and reports, in order for consultation events and
community investment programmes to be evaluated to assess impact on residents.
6. Help update the community and development programme web pages liaising with colleagues
and the Communications team to ensure the pages are accurate, interesting and relevant.
7. Research events and activities taking place in the borough that residents
and community groups might benefit from. Communicate these events and activities using the
most appropriate communication channels. Co-ordinate and produce a regular e-newsletter for
Tenant and Resident Associations.
8. Work outside normal office hours as required