ASSISTANT COMMUNITY RELATIONS OFFICER
My client are a South East London Local Government Authority who are seeking an experience Assistant Community Relations Officer to start an ongoing booking asap!
The Main Purpose of the role:
To support the development of strong community and stakeholder relationships and the planning, delivery and evaluation of consultations and community investment programmes.
1. Support staff with the organisational planning of consultation events and community investment programmes.
2. In liaision with other members of the Community Relations team, the Communications team and external providers, help write and distribute consultation and event materials (for example, letters, newsletters, web content, flyers, posters, display materials, statutory notices, survey forms and questionnaires).
3. Maintain an up-to-date database of all stakeholder and community groups including MPs, Councillors, borough partners, sponsors, Tenant and Resident Associations, Tenant Management Organisations, schools and GP practices.
4. Map key conversations and maintain an accurate information system having regard for statutory and regulatory frameworks on the recording of personal information.
5. Help collect, collate, prepare and compile data and reports, in order for consultation events and community investment programmes to be evaluated to assess impact on residents.
6. Help update the community and development programme web pages liaising with colleagues and the Communications team to ensure the pages are accurate, interesting and relevant.
7. Research events and activities taking place in the borough that residents and community groups might benefit from. Communicate these events and activities using the most appropriate communication channels. Co-ordinate and produce a regular e-newsletter for Tenant and Resident Associations.
- Top 5 requirements that you are looking for in a suitable candidate
Good administrative skills/ organised
Able to work independently
Good at relationship building
Good IT skills (eg. Microsoft, Outlook, Wordpress)
- Working location during Covid-19 (office or home)
Home based (during Covid-19 restrictions), with potential to support community projects in Lewisham in person
- Interview format (face to face or remote teams call)
If you have relevant working experience and can start immediately please submit your CV today!
**36 hours Monday to Friday - need to be flexible evenings / weekends**