|Location: STEVENAGE, HERTFORDSHIRE||Salary: 25000.00 - 30000.00 GBP Per Annum|
|Sector: Accountancy||Job Type: Permanent|
|Shift Type: N/A||Applications: 1|
|Posted: 8 months ago||Reference: 3063445|
The candidate must have at least 2-3 years experience in a Finance Assistant role must have started studying AAT. Wanting to go on to further study.
They will offer support with studying and happy to train.
1. Every other Monday, process the Bananaquit payroll – collecting the weekly employee time sheets and calculating the number of hours that they have worked in the period. Bank holidays, sickness and absence must all be taken into account when processing this – CP will advise on this. Lieu time that is accumulated by the staff must also be calculated and noted on the timesheets for HR’s benefit. Once all of the numbers have been agreed, the protected spread sheet is then sent over to the payroll in Antigua in order to be paid.
2. BQ bonuses to be added to weekly spreadsheet as directed by HR.
3. HR to calculate BQ rental bonus and Assistant Accountant to process as required.
4. Prepare BQ cheque payments.
5. Log and reconcile the monthly JBIC statement on Sage.
6. Check JBIC payment requests from FJ and authorise.
7. Monitor FJ cheque expenditure.
8. Send Flora her 6 monthly consultancy cheques.
1. Ensure that credit cards are cancelled, staff are added and limits increased as required. Update Credit Card document accordingly.
2. Email staff to advise when KF/BF are away and they are not to use their credit cards.
3. Notify Coutts of travel for that month. This avoids card stoppages whilst KF/BF travel.
1. Set up new bank accounts. This involves arranging for the paperwork from Coutts, completing, arranging for signature by BF/KF/Staff as required, scanning into Coutts for approval and then sending via registered post to Coutts. Mandates will need to be reviewed and staff added/removed as required (third party mandates are in place for most of the existing accounts).
2. Order new cheque books for accounts.
3. Order laser cheques as required.
1. Breaking down and logging all payments received from publishers worldwide on to Sage finance system.
2. Monitoring payments for countries that are paying directly making sure that payments (royalties and advances) are received on time.
3. Update late payments report. Check all payments that have arrived in the previous month and add payments that are overdue.
4. Update Receivables Log.
1. Carry out any ad-hoc tasks as required by the Finance & Accounting manager or Chief Finance Officer.
2. Attend meetings as required e.g. General Office and Financial.
3. Office cover for Financial Assistant – urgent payments, processing UK payroll, the cheque run, distribution of cash and currency as required.
4. Prepare and distribute the annual family and staff loan letters/reports.
5. Go through your directories on a regular basis and clear out unwanted files.
6. Maintain your job description in consultation with CQ. Add new responsibilities and remove discontinued responsibilities as requested.
1. Prepare monthly budget reports for Ken after the last month’s expenses have been logged. Export data transaction reports from Sage and collate using the automated budget report generator. Annotate with any budget variance reasons by checking activity reports on Sage/speaking to staff. Break down any nominal codes that are not split on the Chart of Accounts. Lastly, make sure the budget managers are provided with a copy too.
2. Help with annual budget preparation. This involves providing budget managers with detailed reports so that they can prepare their budget backing papers. Assisting with backing reports as required e.g. Excel set up and calculations as needed.
3. Make sure the payment forms reflect current budget responsibilities. Update and add to the photocopier as required
Currently studying AAT
At least 2 years experience within a Finance Assistant Role
Wanting to take the next step.
25000 - 30000 GBP Per Annum
WORTHING, WEST SUSSEXRead more
25000 - 28000 GBP Per Annum
ALBOURNE, WEST SUSSEXRead more
30000 - 33000 GBP Per Annum, inc benefits
LEATHERHEAD, SURREYRead more
28000 - 30000 GBP Per Annum
HERSHAM, SURREYRead more
29000 - 31000 GBP Per Annum, inc benefits
LEATHERHEAD, SURREYRead more