Finance & Compliance Officer
We’ve been given an opportunity to work with a fantastic well-established client within the Rotherham who are looking to add an additional member to their finance team. They are looking for a professional, tenacious and enthusiastic individual to become their newest Finance & Compliance Officer.
The successful applicant will bring experience of working in financial management with a demonstrable understanding of audit, financial systems and processes.
Key duties and responsibilities Responsible for:
- Monitoring coding of financial transactions in accordance with the trust’s chart of accounts and maintaining an accurate general ledger.
- Supporting the Chief Finance Officer on the effective delivery of key financial and development activities to support the strategic objectives.
- To support the Chief Finance Officer in the production of consolidated management accounts.
- Analysis work to be done as and when required as instructed by the Chief Finance Officer.
- Checking and authorising academy month end reconciliations.
- Maintaining the MAT asset register, including reporting of disposals.
- Liaison with SBMs to ensure correct accounting procedures are followed.
- All aspects of budget monitoring and budget forecasting for the trust, ensuring grant funded projects are separated and monitored in accordance with their specific grant funding rules.
- Month end liaison with SBMs in order to assist the CFO in the production of consolidated monthly management accounts.
- Year End Closedown of the trusts accounts, to record all cross year transactions by way of prepayments, accruals and deferred income and to produce and input journals where necessary.
- Maintenance of complete and accurate financial records.
- Complying with and maintaining the retention and archiving schedule.
- Producing reports from the financial management system as requested by the Chief Finance Officer in order to meet statutory deadlines.
- Assisting the Chief Finance Officer to extract information from the financial management system for year-end tasks when required.
- Monthly financial reconciliations for the trust to include payroll, VAT, bank and inter- company transactions.
- Preparation and submission of the monthly VAT return for the trust and the academies.
- Fully qualified Accountant (AAT qualified or studying towards a CCAB accredited qualification)
- Experience of working in an effective finance function.
- Experience of designing and implementing financial management processes and controls.
- Financial reporting including skills and experience of working with stakeholders to develop strong financial understanding.
- Experience of producing and presenting complex management accounts.
- Track record of effective budget preparation and control.
- Demonstrable understanding of the principles and practice of identifying and managing risks.
- An analytical thinker who can process complex information quickly and rigorously in order to recommend effective decision making
- Can demonstrate sound judgement to undertake complex tasks in a systematic way
- Thinks creatively and imaginatively to solve problems and identify opportunities
- Able to demonstrate having planned appropriately for future success
- Demonstrates a variety of management approaches