An excellent opportunity has arisen for an experienced Assistant Accountant in Northampton.
Reporting to the Finance Director your duties will include:
- Assisting with preparation of annual budget packs and year end statutory accounts, including preparation of Dormant accounts.
- Analysing and investigating trends and anomalies on accounts, client ledgers, and within the accounting system.
- Monthly and Year End Payroll processes including completion of P11d
- Assisting with Month End Management Accounts tasks and preparation of elements of the finance pack
- Assisting with financial accounting duties including management of the fixed asset register, posting of journals, accruals and prepayments.
- Overall management of the purchase ledger function including monitoring the aged payables report.
- Supporting the transactional finance team
- Working with the Assistant to the Finance Director and Finance Director with any ad hoc duties and projects, including VAT support, accounts software update and a review of the Credit Control system.
To be considered for this role you must part qualified Accountant (ILFM, AAT, ACA, ACCA or CIMA) or have over 5 years of relevant working experience.
You must have extensive Payroll knowledge with an accomplished background in the completion of management accounts. You must be able to demonstrate strong Excel skills.
You will be detail orientated, with an analytical eye and mind-set so that you can investigate issues and anomalies effectively.
You must value keeping information confidential, be self-motivated, have a ‘can do’ proactive attitude, and be a team player. You must have a proven track record of working to a high standard with minimal supervision with the ability to work to deadlines, prioritise workload and deliver accurate information.