This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Assistant Accountant looking for a full time role with a well-established company in Crawley.
The role reports directly into the Finance Manager. The successful candidate will have a high degree of confidentiality and practical experience of working within a fast paced accounting environment.
Primary duties include: Online banking, reconciliations, petty cash, purchase ledger, sales ledger, credit control, VAT returns, cash flows, preparing accounts to trial balance, handling accounts payable and receivables, profit & loss and balance sheet reports, month end reporting.
- Complete daily cash management activities, prepare & post payments, journal input & reconciliations.
- Monitor, analyse and post company credit card and employee expenses
- Assist in the month end accounts, closure activities, journals, balance sheet reconciliations, and internal / external financial reporting.
- Complete accruals, prepayments and fixed asset schedule updates, journal input and reconciliations.
- Assist in the year end audit, inventory, closure activities and systems updates, reconciliations and working papers preparation.
- Provide support and assistance to AR, AP and Payroll team members activities as directed by the FC.
- Undertake variance analysis, investigating and resolving queries, ensuring the financial integrity and accuracy of the data held.
- Assist with the financial analysis of revenue and costs, and the creation of management reports.