I am partnering with an expanding business who are looking to recruit for an Assistant Accountant on a temporary basis. This is a full time position paying up to £24,000 per annum. This role will initially be based in Hereford but will move to Gloucester in October as the Business are moving to new premises.
- Ensure receipts and payments are posted promptly to the cash books
- To perform regular reconciliations between the cash books and the bank records
- Keeping records of foreign currency exchange rates up to date
- Posting supplier invoices, credits and payments accurately to the company accounts
- Matching payments to invoices
- To accurately record payments on account
- Reconciling account balances to supplier statements and resolving any differences
- Processing employee expense forms
- Answering customer accounts calls and resolving customer queries in a professional and proficient manner; updating systems as required.
- To ensure the sales ledger is maintained to a high level of accuracy, through direct contact with customers both on the telephone and in writing.
- Processing rebates for preferred account customers on a monthly or quarterly basis.
- Ensure Customer statement runs, invoices, overdue letters, court letters are posted or e-mailed as appropriate.
- Allocating credit limits and monitoring accounts to remove bad debt risks.
- Proactive in maintaining a clean debtors ledger, requesting remittance advices if not already received and contacting customer immediately if any amounts due have been omitted.
- Maintenance of pro forma customer accounts to ensure allocations are made.
- Constant monitoring of accounts where orders are received that exceed their credit limits and timely action where necessary.
If you have experience working in a similar position and you are immediatly available to commence work then please apply.