My client in Southampton are looking for an Assistant Accountant to join them on a permanent basis.
You will be required too;
- Support the Finance Director and Accounts team in all areas as required.
- Develop system skills and understanding of processes with the aim to oversee various functions within the Accounts department as the role develops.
- Support the Accounts team with day to day issues
- Establish yourself as a point of contact for escalated finance related queries or issues.
- Support the development of processes and polices
- To act responsibly, thoughtfully and ensure all aspects of work undertaken are kept strictly confidential
- Supporting functions to the Finance Director
Support in all functions as required including:
Various month and year end processes
Preparation for annual audit
Providing detail for auditors as required
Journal posting where required/requested
Trial balance review
Preparation of reports for suppliers
Preparation of reports for parent and group companies
Accrual review where required
Organising the filing system
Monthly management account preparations, reviews and reconciliations
Supporting functions to the Accounts Team
- Accounts Payable
- Accounts Receivable
- Credit limit review
- Invoice and statement copy’s provided on request
This role is important & the responsibilities varied and therefore requires a dynamic, adaptable, organised and willing candidate.
Good relationships will also need to be developed with all members of the accounts team to establish a position of support and guidance.