REED Accountancy are delighted to be partnering exclusively with our client, an SME in Ballymena who are seeking to recruit an Assistant Accountant to join their business on a full time contract basis for originally 6 months and the possibility of permanency thereafter. This is an important position within the company to assist the Company Accountant with the accurate and timely administration of the Accounting function following continuous and steady growth within the business.
porting directly to the Company Accountant, the Assistant Accountant will be responsible for:
• Maintaining Sales Ledger & Assisting in the preparation of monthly management accounts
• Assisting in the preparation of year-end accounts/audit/Vat Returns
• Assisting in the preparation of budgets
Additional responsibilities when required:
• Maintenance of bank records,
• Ensuring all monies received and all payments issued are recorded in the correct cashbooks, bank accounts and nominal codes.
• Credit Control
• Purchase ledger cover when required
• Reconciliations at month end
• Holiday cover for various roles including production of pods relating to daily despatch
The successful applicant will ideally display the following in their application:
• A minimum of 2-3 years' experience in a similar role
• Experience using Accountancy software and/or ERP systems (e.g. Sage, Xero, MS Nav, SAP)
• Excellent systems skills
• Excellent reporting skills
Get in Touch
If you have any questions about this role, please give Gerry Flynn at REED Accountancy a call on 02890 330604. If you think this is the role for you and you would like to be considered, please apply with your most up to date CV outlining how you meet the short listing criteria.