Our client is a well established consultancy based in NW London. They have an exciting vacancy for an experienced Assistant Accountant who will be solely responsible for recording day to day financial transactions. Reporting into the Financial Director the role will verify that transactions are recorded in the correct accounts, supplier ledger and general ledger, bringing the accounts to Trial Balance stage.
In the past 5 years the business has grown through various acquisitions, there is scope within the next few years to progress into a Management Accountant here for the right person.
This is a varied and hands-on sole transactional role, your duties will include:
- Raising Sales and Purchase invoices - Making sure this is done in a timely fashion and that the invoices are accurate and information is coded correctly.
- Analysing the sales data to check for errors and reporting on any monthly variances or variances against budget.
- Credit Control - Issuing trade debtor statements regularly and assertively following up with customers for payment.
- Investigating the purchase invoices, liaising with other staff members to ensure that bills received are correct and to follow up with suppliers where necessary.
- Reconciling the trade creditor ledger to supplier statements on a regular basis and paying suppliers on time.
- Reconciling bank and other balance sheet accounts.
- Calculating and posting accrual and prepayment adjustments where necessary and maintaining a schedule of these.
- Entering other journals as required e.g. payroll.
- Analysing and reporting on gross margin and customer/revenue stream profitability.
- Filing quarterly VAT returns and other statutory requirements.
- Assisting the Finance Director with any other adhoc reporting.
- Assisting other staff members with financial information.
The ideal candidate will have proven experience within the Technology industry. In addition to proven experience of preparing accounts to trial balance and assisting with management accounts preparation, you will need to demonstrate that you are well organised with excellent communication skills and an enquiring mind.