Assistant Accountant - Cambridge - £28,000-£32,000 per annum
A leading research organisation currently require a career driven Assistant Accountant to join their existing team on a permanent basis.
Reporting to the Head of Finance, this role will include the following:
- Post all cash transactions to ledgers daily
- Reconcile all bank accounts daily
- Enter cash balances on the cash flow spreadsheet weekly
- Run fortnightly pay run reports for all ledgers
- Weekly and monthly reconciliation of SL and PL
- Balance sheet reconciliations for certain ledgers
- Responsibility for operating the Petty Cash
- Petty cash to be counted & reconciled monthly
This is a progressive role, and as a result, this client is looking for an individual who is either AAT qualified and looking to study ACCA or CIMA, or who is ACCA / CIMA part qualified. Candidates should have an excellent level of transactional understanding, and be at a point where they can take responsibility for accruals, prepayments and journal postings.
Candidates must have a good level of Excel understanding, as well as the ability to work to tight deadlines and multi-task effectively.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a busy team in a truly progressive role. The right candidate will be rewarded with progressive opportunity, as well as a competitive benefits and salary package. This company offers on site parking, as well as flexible working hours.
Please apply now for more information.