Job title: Assistant / Financial / Management Accountant
Salary: £32,000 - £40,000 per annum
Hours: Full-time Monday to Friday
This is a unique opportunity to join a very reputable property investment, development, interior design & construction team based in Central London who are looking for a highly numerate and effective Assistant/Financial/Management Accountant to support the finance function.
This exciting role reports directly into the Finance Director. The successful candidate will be an all-rounder, preferably with exposure to QuickBooks accounting software and hands on experience of the Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable functions as well as assisting with the monthly Management Accounts preparation, Cashbook and Balance Sheet reconciliations.
- Sales and purchase ledger invoice processing
- Journal preparation and posting, including prepayments and accruals
- Weekly/monthly bank reconciliations & Balance Sheet reconciliations
- Quarterly VAT returns
- CIS subcontractor verification, CIS accounting and monthly Returns
- Assist with the production of the monthly management accounts
- Cashflow forecast
- Ad hoc analysis tasks Key Requirements:
- Good eye for detail
- Intermediate Excel (v-lookups and pivot tables)
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Strong Team player
- Ability to work to strict deadlines
The ideal candidate must be from a property & construction background and be comfortable carrying out transactional work and invoice processing whilst picking up month and year end responsibilities also. Experience of using QuickBooks preferable but not essential.