Reed Accountancy are presently recruiting for an Assistant Management Accountant to join a busy finance team for a globally recognised business in Runcorn. The successful candidate will play a critical role in supporting the Management Accountant in ensuring accounting practices and high standards are met across the finance function.
The role will initially be responsible for posting payroll data that has been extracted from payroll systems and ensuring the accurate allocation and posting by service in the financial systems as well as reconciling the associated balance sheet accounts. There is opportunity available in the future to gain wider experience to coincide with your ongoing study plan in supporting other Management Accountants within the finance team on wider aspects of the P&L and Balance Sheet.
Duties to include:
- Month end reporting including preparation and posting of journal entries,
Account reconciliations, and completion of other ad hoc requests associated with payroll, agency and contractor costs.
- Detailed analysis and appropriate escalation and resolution of discrepancies with payroll liabilities and payments to payroll suppliers.
- Production of timely, informative and reliable reports to support all payroll, agency and contractor cost elements of monthly management accounts or year-end audit packs.
- Support the development of continuous improvement initiatives across the whole finance community.
- Develop subject matter expertise by working with the payroll team to accurately reflect the employee related costs within our financial reporting.
- Part Qualified Accountant – CIMA OCS passed or ACA/ACCA equivalent
- 2+ years of experience of profit and loss and balance sheet gained in a fast paced/high transaction volume environment.
- Able to manage multiple priorities and stakeholders
- An ambitious individual and team player with a “can do” attitude
- Proven ability to actively engage business stakeholders and to respond to queries in a collaborative and timely manner
- Knowledge of best practice processes and understanding of key accounting standards
- Drive and adopt operational excellence in financial processes through a culture of continuous improvement
- Strong analytical skills
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- Previous payroll sector experience
- Previous MS Access experience
- 25 Days holiday + bank holidays
- Free on-site parking
- Additional company benefits
My client is looking for a quick turnaround with this role so APPLY NOW to avoid disappointment!!