Reed Liverpool are presently recruiting for an assistant accountant to join a small accounts team for a growing business in Birkenhead, The successful candidate will work closely with the financial controller.
Duties to include:
- All aspects of Sales Ledger – Raising sales invoice and credit control
- Following up with HMRC on the progress of research and development claims in order to proactively determine due date of sales invoices.
- Purchase Ledger- Posting purchase invoices, expenses and reconciling credit card statements.
- Requesting and processing commission invoices and matching to commission accrual.
- Tax returns-Provide calculation of research and development tax saving for clients and prepare tax returns for submission to HMRC.
- VAT returns- Reconciliation of VAT return.
- Month end and year end reconciliations.
- Maintenance of fixed asset register
- To attend regular team progress meetings
Key Skills and attributes:
- Qualified AAT or part qualified ACCA.
- Understanding of bookkeeping and accountancy procedures
- Maintain and develop positive internal and external communications.
- Experience of working in similar accounts role.
- Experience of preparing tax returns.
- Solid understanding of Microsoft [essential]
- Strong work ethic, with the ability to prioritise own work load
- Strong attention to detail
- Good and productive time management skills
- Effective administration skills [essential]
- Good listening and communication skills
- Understand organisational related regulations and compliance needs
- Working for a growing team
- Free onsite parking
- 20 Days holiday + bank holiday increasing year on year until 25 days reached
- Company pension scheme
- Company life assurance
APPLY NOW to avoid disappointment!!!