Reed Accountancy are very pleased to be working with a market leader in their field, operation within a UK and European customer base. This job is for an Assistant Accountant to support the senior management team in the transactional and month end accounting processes for very a busy, high volume data environment.
You will be supported within a friendly, driven and customer focused environment to meet deadlines and provide accurate and timely analysis, reconciliations and accounts preparation. You will need to be confident in Excel and data migration; have commercial acumen and a sharp eye for detail.
Duties will include:
- Management of the migration of management information to Sage Line 50
- Daily bank and credit card reconciliations
- Business account reconciliations monthly
- Preparing aged creditors lists
- Investigating invoice discrepancies and importing purchase orders to Sage.
- Reconciliation of statements
- Identify discrepancies between invoices and purchase orders at month end
- Amending and raising invoices and credit notes
- Preparing supplier payments for approval
- Job costing accrual for commission calculations
- Monthly analysis of the general ledger, exporting from Sage to Excel. Checking cost of sales invoice from suppliers (30,000 lines) and accruing where needed.
- Accruals and prepayments
- Preparing and processing of payroll data
- Intrastat returns
- EC Sales list - reporting the VAT on sales to the EU.
If you are used to working within a high volume data environment, have solid Excel skills, and an analytical approach this is a very interesting an rewarding job within a company that take genuine pride in being the best in their business sector. Please apply directly to: email@example.com