Working with this national house builder who are prominent throughout the country with unrivaled customer service. They are looking for an assistant accountant for a 9 month fixed term maternity cover.
This role can be for a January start if you have a notice period or you can start this side of Christmas.
Having recruited for them a number of times, I can tell you they have lovely new offices and some of the nicest managers around. It's a lovely role for a really nice company.
Ideally you would be AAT level 4, part qualified ACCA/CIMA or similar.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, you will come with a great attitude, a positive outlook and the ability to perform under pressure.
You will have responsibility for the preparation of consolidated group accounts for both internal and external reporting and for the Group Treasury function on a daily basis.
- Complete daily treasury administrative duties such as amendment of bank mandates, following up banking queries etc.
- Input bank transfers and CHAPs payments onto the banking system daily for review by the Financial Accountant
- Complete daily production of the treasury borrowings reconciliation to ascertain how much and where to borrow from/deposit each day (whilst remaining within facility limits) using daily bank downloads and regional completion information
- Complete weekly update of the treasury cash flow forecasts
- Complete weekly treasury reconciliation duties – reconciling bank accounts and payments and posting journals for interest charges and accruals (at month end)
- Produce weekly reports in respect of borrowings position and treasury movements for the prior week
- Assist the Financial Accountant as required in the year-end statutory reporting process, which involves consolidating the results of all subsidiaries and producing statutory financial statements for audit and for submission to Companies House
- Assist the Financial Accountant with the half-year end reporting process – a scaled down version of the year end process
- Complete any Office of National Statistics surveys by obtaining relevant information from the regions and subsidiaries
- Complete quarterly reconciliation of bonds and guarantees between regional returns and Bondsman listings
- Deal with bond administrative duties such as requesting statements and cancelling bonds once performance is complete
- Produce ad-hoc reports as and when required
- Promote and act in accordance with Group values, systems, policies and procedures
- Competitive Salary
- Competitive Bonus Scheme
- New modern offices
- 25 days holiday (pro rata)
- Choice of Flexible Benefits
- Enhanced Family Friendly Policies
If this sounds like the role you have been looking for, APPLY NOW and I’ll be in touch with all suitable candidates.