A leading charity in Victoria, London are seeking an Assistant Accountant to join them on an ongoing temporary basis (six months minimum). This is a surging organisation which is bustling with commercial initiatives and exciting projects to be a part of, you will join a dynamic team where there is lots to get involved with!
The role involves both processing transactions and reconciliation of various balance sheet accounts. The post holder will assist in the accurate recording of income and expenditure as well as reconciling balance sheet control accounts and other day-to-day, month-end and year-end functions within the Finance department. Alongside this, the Assistant Accountant will be assigned ad-hoc projects by the Finance Manager.
• Processing purchase ledger invoices (including expenses and credit card statements) and reconciliation of supplier statements
• Assist the bank reconciliation process by posting direct debit payments from the bank statement into the Finance system
• Prepare the monthly Prepayment reconciliation
• Reconcile the fixed asset register, calculate and post the quarterly depreciation charge
• Prepare and post the monthly accrual posting
• Inputting sales ledger invoices and chasing for payment
• Processing payment requests.
• Support the Finance team with any adhoc duties
• Experience of working in a busy charity finance team
• Excellent numeracy skills with high level of attention to detail
• Strong organisational and planning skills
• Team player with positive attitude
• Experience using Sage (desirable not essential).
• Work without close supervision using own initiative and check accuracy of own work
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
Please note to be considered for this exciting opportunity the successful candidate must be immediately available to start.
Reed offers unique benefits to all temporary workers being paid PAYE by Reed, these include:
Access to free training
This is to ensure you have the full range of skills to meet our clients' needs.
Reed Discount Card
When you register on reed.co.uk/temp you are entitled to benefits through the Reed discount card scheme. We have joined together with several trusted partners to give you access to discounts off a wide range of products and services. These companies include Virgin Experience, National Express, David Lloyd Leisure and Thomas Cook Direct. Click for more information on the Discount Card.
Paid holiday scheme
Reed also offers paid holiday to temporary workers. The scheme offers a maximum of four weeks or 20 days paid holiday per year.
Statutory sick pay
Should you fall ill for four consecutive days following 13 continuous weeks of temporary assignments, you may be entitled to Statutory Sick Pay (SSP) from Reed.
Statutory Maternity Pay (SMP) is a government scheme administered by Reed on behalf of the DSS. There are a number of rules and procedures to be observed.
Stakeholder pension scheme
Setting up a pension is an excellent way of planning for the future, and with this in mind, Reed has appointed the Independent Financial Advisers, Thomson's Benefits Consultants Ltd, to make a new stakeholder pension easily available to you.