The summer is coming to an end, does your holiday feel like it was 100 years ago already? Then it’s time for a new role!
Due to continued growth a motivated Assistant Accountant is needed to join a vibrant team, working with a dynamic manufacturing organisation based in Walsall. This organisation is a strong innovative business. If you’re looking to work within a company who want you to become part of them and succeed, then this is the role for you.
What’s the role?
The Assistant Accountant will be integral in the financial operations of this organisation. Working closely with the Finance Manager, you will be motivated and resourceful in order to ensure correct practises are followed. Responsibilities include:
- Overseeing the purchase ledger, sales ledger and credit control
- Assisting with the completion month end account packs
- Managing fixed asset registers
- A strong focus on payroll and administration, making sure it’s all running smoothly.
- Liaising with customers and clients about queries.
What will you need?
- Previous experience in a similar role is key, ideally giving you an excellent knowledge of the accountancy process.
- Previous experience working in a fast-paced environment, this is a busy role.
- Strong attention to detail, you’ll need to be able to spot any errors and remedy them.
- Excellent communication skills are needed, both verbal and written.
- You’ll need to be I.T. literate with experience of Microsoft Office including Excel.
What’s in it for you?
- A role working with a dynamic organisation, adding to your already extensive skillset.
- The opportunity to work in a diverse role where each day will be different.
- Working in a lively and positive team, creating a great atmosphere at work.
- A holiday allowance of 33 days including bank holidays
- Working hours of 8.30am to 5.30pm, with an early finish of 4pm on a Friday!