My client a not for profit company are looking for a part time Charity Accountant to join their team on a permanent basis.
Develop and prepare accurate, timely and relevant financial and management reports on the charitable activities of the company itself and of charities for which the Company provides the trustees.
• Prepare the production of annual statutory accounts for the Company’s charitable entities, in accordance with accepted accounting policies, financial reporting standards, standard statements of accounting practice and SORP. Including group consolidations.
• Submission of annual returns to the Charity Commission, Regulator of Social Housing, Companies House and HMRC.
• Liaison with auditors.
• Prepare quarterly management accounts and provide relevant financial performance analysis to appropriate committees
• Present management accounts to the Financial Controller.
• Administer the production of accurate, timely and relevant financial information for all external charity management accounts.
• Record and reconcile all of the charitable investment portfolios to the investment manager’s quarterly reports.
• Responsible for all month end reconciliations and processes.
• Management of charitable cash, ensuring cost effective banking facilities and rolling cash flow.
• Responsible for the maintenance and accuracy of the sales ledger, purchase ledger, cash book maintenance
and administration of grant payments for all of the
• Preparation of the quarterly rental invoicing and monthly
• Manage and operate monthly direct debit reconciliations
and submissions for donations and accommodation
• Credit Control.
• Supplier payments, expenses and reconciliation of credit
• Bank reconciliations.
• Assist the Membership office to create budgets for fundraising activities and ensure full compliance relating to
VAT, donated goods and gift aid regulations.
• Accurate recording of all donations received, ensuring full
compliance for gift aid claims, producing financial
information to management regularly.
• Adhere to the group’s financial procedures ensuring full compliance with government regulations and procedures.
Part qualified candidate actively studying
Ideally degree in accounting
Previous experience in a similar role in not for profit
Experience of preparing management accounts and year end
Good IT Skills
Up to date knowledge of accounting regulations including FRS102, SORP, UKGAAP
Principles of fund accounting
Desirable experience of Sage 200
Good attention to detail
Able to manage work load and work to tight deadlines
Honest and reliable
Willing to do extra hours to meet the demands of the role