Reed are working with a college who has an exciting opportunity for a Assessor In Gas to join their team in the South Coast.
Assessor in Gas
Job Type: Permanent Employment Basis: Full time Working hours per week: 37 FTE per annum
Competitive Salary - Up to £28,373 per annum.
Closing date: 22/11/2020
This college is the largest provider of further education and apprentices within the area, with over 11,000 students that are from across the UK and the world. They are proud to demonstrate high student achievement and our apprenticeship training ranks extremely highly and are in the top 11 % of general FE colleges and top 6.5% overall including other providers for apprenticeship delivery.
-To deliver high quality and effective teaching and assessing of Level 3 Plumbing students who are taught gas
- Contribute to the development and delivery of a range of educational programmes including identifying learning objectives, determining, designing and producing study material, planning course/study programme delivery
- Contribute to high quality learning experiences using a variety of teaching and learning methods
- Ensure that teaching is based on current best available practice and is consistent with a high standard of practice
- Create an outstanding student experience which leads to progression or employment
- Manage student issues within agreed protocols
- Undertake such other reasonable duties as the line manager may require from time to time and review this Job Description annually with the line manager
- Participate in the College’s appraisal process and to undertake any training that may be appropriate
- Take appropriate responsibility to ensure the health and safety of self and others
- Pursue the achievement and integration of equal opportunities throughout all The College’s activities
- Knowledge of current evidence-based practice in field(s) of expertise
- Knowledge of issues relating to equal opportunities and cultural diversity
- Knowledge of and commitment to Safeguarding Children and vulnerable adults legislation
- 10 years minimum industry experience in Gas - Maths and English at Level 2 minimum
- Excellent organisational skills
- Proven ability to plan and organise own workload
- Ability to access and use relevant sources of research evidence
- ACS Gas qualification
- Unvented hot water qualification
- Gas fitter qualification or recognized aligned qualification
- 26 days annual leave plus bank holidays, increasing to 29 after 5 years' service with the College
- Up to 5 days leave during the Christmas closure period
- Free parking at all of our college sites (where spaces are available)
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Enrolment into the Local Government Pension Scheme
If you are interested in this role please click "Apply Now".