|Location: Leicester||Salary: 31095 - 31095 GBP Per Annum|
|Sector: Property & Construction||Job Type: Permanent|
|Shift Type: N/A||Applications: N/A|
|Posted: 5 months ago||Reference: 3052045|
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- To inspect the housing stock and building works, prepare term contract schedules and specifications; compile tender/contract documentation to deliver repairs on demand and improvement works to a range of buildings.
- Carry out pre and post inspection surveys.
- Carry out void surveys and compile the full schedule of works required.
- To ensure that the properties are maintained and improved to the required standards, within authorised budgets and agreed timescales.
- Ensure contractors and suppliers perform to specification and contractual terms.
- Ensure that the client's and Co-operative’s Health & Safety responsibilities and policies are pursued wherever applicable.
- Manage insurance claims related to property.
- Prepare detailed specifications and tender documentation for repairs on demand and minor improvement works ensuring service standards are achieved.
- Assist in consultations with customers in relation to all planned and cyclical works, and actively participate in the tenants meetings in order to ensure the delivery of a customer focused service.
- Carry out full contract administration for projects under control ensuring certificates are accurately issued within the timescale and payments are processed in time.
- Arrange and chair regular contracts and site meetings with contractors employed by the client, monitor and assess their performance, and accurately record the meetings.
- Prepare annual budget proposals in relation to planned maintenance, Decent Homes and cyclical painting programmes.
- Ensure aids and adaptation work is carried out promptly with effective liaison with customers and Occupational Therapists.
- Prepare reports, and attend Co-operative Committee meetings which are normally out of office hours.
- Ensure that the policies and procedures, codes of conduct and initiatives relating to customer care, personnel management, financial regulations, and health and safety are fully implemented.
- Carry out other duties as directed and commensurate with the grading of the role.
- Comply with the Health & Safety Policy, ensuring own and others health and safety.
1. Educated to HNC or equivalent in building or a construction related discipline or previous experience in a construction maintenance environment
1. Excellent communication skills
2. Customer focused
3. Prioritises and multi-tasks effectively to meet deadlines
4. Ability to build and maintain effective relationships
5. Ensures policies and procedures are adhered to
6. Excellent organisational and planning skills
7. Able to work to deadlines
8. Organised and structured approach to work
9. Able to work with minimum supervision
10. Able to prioritise own workload and that of others
11. Ability to work on own initiative whilst maintaining a team ethos
12. A clear commitment to equal opportunities and diversity, the ability to recognise discrimination in all its forms
13. Possession of a valid driving licence and daily access to a car for business use
14. Computer literate (e.g. Microsoft package – Outlook/email, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and the use of databases
15. Ability to climb ladders
16. Ability to climb scaffolding- Desirable
1. Knowledge of property management systems (Northgate or similar)- Desirable
2. Knowledge of social housing/housing management- Desirable
3. Knowledge of housing maintenance, repair specifications, diagnosing defects, remedial works, etc.
4. Practical knowledge of contract administration and detailed working knowledge of JCT standard form of contracts
5. Use of Asset management programmes such as Keystone
1) Experience of scheduling building / planned maintenance works and contract administration
2) Experience of collating SAP / condition information
3) Experience of communicating with service users, staff and other agencies
16.00 - 19.00 GBP Per Hour
GREATER MANCHESTER, LANCASHIRERead more
18.00 - 20.00 GBP Per Hour
WALES, UNITED KINGDOMRead more
25.00 - 25.00 GBP Per Hour
LONDON, SOUTH EAST ENGLANDRead more
22.00 - 22.00 GBP Per Hour
LEICESTER, LEICESTERSHIRERead more
45000 - 60000 GBP Per Annum
SOUTHWARK, LONDONRead more