You are most likely an individual with experience of merchandising or purchasing now looking for the next step in your career. You enjoy interacting with suppliers and understand the importance of maintaining relationships to ensure that customer requirements are met.
In return for being able to demonstrate your purchasing background you will have access to staff discounts, pension, and a Monday-Friday role that will provide you with a great working environment and career opportunities.
• Assist the Buyer in delivering the budgeted sales and margin targets for the category
• Assist the Buyer in creation and maintenance of the range plans
• Demonstrate a clear and thorough understanding of the customer proposition and market place and seek to improve categories role and contribution.
• Understand Cost of Goods and net profitability of the category and seek to identify proactive ways of enhancing net contribution.
• Work with the Buyer in developing supplier relationships
• Assist the Buyer in producing CAM presentations
• Prepare information for product ranges/selection meetings, gather customer, supplier and competitor information, request product samples or information, competitive shopping reports and prepare product direction boards.
• Provide product information and analysis as requested by the Buyer.
• Assist the Buyer in the development, management and motivation of the Buying Assistant.
• Pro actively liaise with merchandising to ensure the delivery of stock and sales targets.
• Responsible for all post-selection administration and follow-up including file maintenance.
• Administrative and clerical responsibilities associated with resolving queries from internal and external customers of the department.
• Update systems to ensure that product range information is keyed on time and accuracy is maintained.
• Work with Merchandising to ensure stock levels are in line with budget
Is this you?
If you can demonstrate that you are personable, have strong communication and negotiating skills then this would serve you well in this role. You'll also be an expert in working to tight deadlines and enjoy delivering against these.
To be considered for this role simply apply here.