Hours: 40 hours per week
Salary: (£33,435 per year)
Location: South West borough of London
1. The inspection and maintenance and recording of the borough tree stock within a given geographic area including the preparation of work schedules and subsequent contract specifications, procurement of tree work and supervision contract works to ensure their satisfactory completion.
2. The provision of arboricultural advice and services to our client Wandsworth Borough Council, and to other agencies, including liaison with client services to ensure that their requirements and legal obligations are being met.
3. Answering and actioning enquiries and complaints from borough residents.
4. The implementation and promotion of good arboricultural practice.
5. Participation in the emergency call out rota and making inspections in response to calls from the emergency services office and actioning any necessary remedial works.
6. Provision of arboricultural management services to outside management agencies (schools, cooperatives, housing agents etc.) under service level agreements.
7. Inspection and actioning work in respect of dangerous private trees as required by the Highways Act, Local Government (miscellaneous provisions) Act or other legislation.
8. Identifying and actioning tree planting requirements across the client portfolio.
9. Processing applications in respect of Tree Preservation Order and Conservation Area legislation including site inspections and producing and dispatching decision letters subsequent to assessment of trees on site including provision of pre-application advice to owners and agents.
10. Surveying of trees and making recommendations in respect of applying new Tree Preservation Orders or the updating of existing orders.
11. Provision of arboricultural advice and recommendations in respect of development applications including upon the implementation of planning conditions and investigation and recommendations in respect of unauthorized trees works as regards Town and Country Planning Act.
12. Undertakes other duties commensurate with the position as directed by the Arboricultural Manager or Head of Parks.
The ideal candidate will have experience of urban tree management including surveys, mapping, and tree recording. You will have up to date knowledge of arboricultural practices, national and regional guidance and be familiar with current arboricultural legislation. You will hold or be working towards a National Diploma in Arboriculture and or have other relevant arboricultural qualifications. Candidates will need to be able to travel effectively around the borough to fulfil their duties.
Please apply today with a relevant CV, successful applicants will be contacted for a further discussion.