We are currently looking for an Applications Support Officer. This position is based in Islington, full time, temporary position, paying from £19 per hour.
If you are interested please apply ASAP!
The Applications Support Officer will assist with the maintenance, development and upgrade of the department’s business systems ensuring they meet business requirements, operational needs and contribute to the efficient running of services.
The post holder will be responsible for providing high quality day-to-day support and advice to users of the department’s main systems namely Liquidlogic’s LAS and to identify and resolve requests that cannot be resolved by the service desk.
1. To assist the Application Manager in maintaining and developing the department’s databases, including system administration, security access, undertaking changes to the database as necessary and requesting system changes.
2. To maintain the integrity of the database, undertaking code changes as required and carrying out amendments to the system as and when changes occur to operational or departmental procedural practices.
3. To work closely with the service desk and provide day-to-day advice and support to system users and monitor the availability of the systems in accordance with agrees standards.
4. To provide assistance over the phone or through the use of remote support tools such as Dameware to manage incidents, requests and changes and escalate to Digital Services or external software suppliers as necessary.
5. To monitor agreed data integrity and security standards for the system; co-ordinating requests for access to the system within departmental procedures.
6. To examine new releases in conjunction with the Application Manager, perform systems integration and testing and present final test results, document and obtain agreement and approval. Check results and undertake user acceptance tests.
7. To maintain accurate records of incidents, requests and keep accurate documentation on dealing with recurring issues to assist with the transfer of knowledge and good customer support.
8. To prepare and update system administration documentation and other manual records as required.
9. To be responsible for maintaining the system’s reporting tools and to design and run reports using a range of applications such as Business Objects and MS SQL queries and integrating systems and data as necessary.
10. To develop systems for monitoring the quality of the data on the database and identify areas of concern to the Systems Manager or Performance Management Team.
11. To assist in the preparation of reports for senior managers, including those of a policy or strategic nature, relating to applications support.
12. To work with service managers and software suppliers, including attendance at working groups and user forums regarding the development and performance of the databases.
13. To work with system users to analyse database requirements and to develop enhancements to the system.
14. To represent the department on local and corporate ICT development project groups regarding interfaces and database development of departmental business applications.
To undertake other duties commensurate to the grade of the post.