Applications / Software Engineer
Excellent base salary + good benefits package
With a history in excess 50 years, my client has been offering liquid engineering solutions to a range of industries that include Marine, Power Generation, Mining and Oil & Gas.
As experts in protection systems for critical plant and machinery (effectively diesel and gas engines), this established company offer a full engineering service to clients; ranging from independent specialist firms to large global conglomerates and they pride themselves on offering an excellent service to all.
Due to an enviable and sustainable order book, they are now looking for a suitably qualified and experienced Applications / Software Engineer to continue their already impressive growth.
As an Applications / Software Engineer your role will include all aspects of developing custom display configurations to suit customers’ applications. These will centre on PowerView displays and PowerVision software.
The variety in what you'll work on is also a plus in this role. You'll be involved in both long and short projects that can vary in complexity, along with working closely with the end-user and having the opportunity to visit customers at their manufacturing sites.
You’ll be responsible for;
• Taking ownership for delivering projects from initial conversations to final delivery and even supporting clients post-delivery
• Carrying out initial consultations, testing and troubleshooting, in order to gain a full understanding of their needs
• Working through the system I/O needs and matching these with a suitable display or I/O modules from the Enovation Controls range of products
• Presenting your solutions to a range of customers and end-users, including providing training
• Developing HMI software configurations for customers machine control applications
• Providing pre-sales advice to ensure correct product for the clients’ needs
• Provide help and advice to internal staff and external customers, which includes travel to their sites, both here in the UK and overseas (on occasion)
In order to be considered for this Applications / Software Engineer role you’ll need:
• Relevant qualifications within electronics or electrical engineering (HNC or Degree)
• A proven software / application / engineering background within a tightly regulated environment (e.g. Off-Highway, Marine, Power Generation, Mining and Oil & Gas)
• Experience and understanding of communication levels, i.e. CANBus J1939 or similar protocols
• Experience in Embedded C/C++ Programming and good understanding of logical program flow
• UI/UX (User Interface and User experience) understanding and experience
• Solid (hands-on) experience and understanding of electrical wiring practices
• An ability to learn new software systems
• A full UK driving licence and no restrictions on travel (UK and overseas)
PLEASE NOTE THAT DUE TO THE NEED FOR A FULL UK DRIVING LICENCE AND NO RESTRICTIONS ON TRAVEL, WE ARE NOT LOOKING FOR APPLICATIONS FROM OVERSEAS CANDIDATES
This is a great opportunity to work for a friendly and growing company that has an enviable order book and a brilliant future and they are offering:
• A basic salary based on your experience
• Good paid holiday allowance
• Good working hours that include an early finish on Fridays
• A real opportunity to grow with the business