We are currently recruiting for a Protection Application Engineer, to perform power system analysis and to assist in preparing tenders, training and technical assistance to clients. The role is based in Berkshire, but will require travel.
- Carrying out Power System studies within industrial and petrochemical networks predominantly
- Undertaking on-site Engineering work in the UK mostly, but also in Europe
- Helping customers with the application and use of the company's products and services
- Liaising with Engineers to specify protection relays and services.
- Interpreting client's specifications and helping to prepare tenders for all products and services.
- Assisting with order entry and progressing, in addition to any other tasks to ensure the business runs efficiently.
- Carrying out training
- Taking part in exhibitions, seminars and demonstrations.
Education, Experience and skills required
We are looking for candidates with:
- A degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Previous experience of power system analysis (ideally using PTW software) and protection application.
- Commercially awareness, (Some commercial experience would be ideal)
- Sound analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Be willing to travel and have the necessary travel documents (mostly within the UK, but abroad if necessary).
- Be able to work in a team and alone as required
- Have a full driving license
Salary: £50k - £55k p/annum with 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays (3 days will need to be kept for Christmas) and pension.
Hours of work: 8:30 am to 5:00 pm Monday to Thursday and 8:30 am to 4:30 pm on Fridays