We have a fantastic opportunity for an Animal Health and Welfare Officer working at a Leading Local Authority in Greater Manchester. This is a Temporary Full-time role, initially for the next 2 - 3 months.
Your role will be to implement, enforce, and advise upon animal health and welfare legislation throughout the borough. Where appropriate to support other work undertaken by the Compliance section.
To implement the council’s approved policies and statutory duties in relation to all appropriate aspects of Public Protection as required.
Support senior officers in relation to Animal Health and Welfare matters by undertaking reactive and proactive site visits. Inspections of farms, premises, and vehicles in transit or otherwise.
Taking any necessary remedial action to ensure compliance with legislative standards relating to Animal Health and Welfare.
Investigating complaints and undertaking service requests in relation to any Animal Health and Welfare referred by a senior officer.
Preparing reports on infringements of Animal Health and Welfare, whether for prosecution or alternative method of disposal.
Where necessary to appear as a witness on behalf of the council at the courts of law, public enquiries, tribunals and at other outside meetings as required.
Issue animal movement licenses, and respond to reports of illegal importation of animals
Respond to notifications of zoonotic and notifiable animal diseases and assist the service to deal with major outbreaks of such diseases.
Inspect pet shops and other animal associated licensed premises for compliance with relevant licence conditions.
- Must be an experienced Animal Welfare and Health Officer, to carry out Animal Licensing and Welfare inspections and service requests until the end of the financial year.
- You will need to have a can-do attitude, to help the Authority to ensure compliance across the sector.
- This will be a key worker status role, which will require you to maintain service delivery during the difficult times of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Excellent people skills, being able to talk to the public, colleagues, and other senior professionals.
- Reed Reward Benefits and Discounts
- Flexible Payment Options i.e. PAYE / Umbrella and Ltd options
- Weekly Pay, with Online Timesheet system