We have a fantastic opportunity for two Allocations Officers working at a Leading Local Authority in Greater Manchester. This is a Temporary Full-time role, initially for the next 3 months.
Your role will be to secure temporary accommodation for applicants who are homeless, providing a person-centred approach. You will co-ordinate and develop plans to increase independence and raise aspirations for service users.
You will be working in a very busy allocations team in Greater Manchester, securing temporary accommodation for applicants that are owed a homeless duty.
This position requires you to have excellent IT skills, and experience of completing Housing Benefit Claim forms.
Must have excellent communication skills, as you will be required to communicate with clients over the telephone
You will be required to use multiple data bases to record client information
Provide intensive support for customers with complex support needs offering holistic support plans, that agree individual targets and work towards the achievement of longer-term solutions and aspirations.
Assist customers to identify realistic goals, by providing choice and developing actions, ensuring full commitment and agreement from all parties to ensure the achievement of identified targets.
Maintain accurate, up to date records and collect data and information to evidence performance around service delivery to ensure achievement of internal and external targets.
Adopt a flexible and personalised approach when working with service users and their families, to enable the development of confidence and resilience and to help service users achieve independence and control their own lives.
- Previous Allocations Officer Experience
- Strong IT Skills
- Must be able to complete Housing Benefit Claim Forms
- Valid Enhanced DBS on the Update Service
- You must be flexible on working hours, as you will be required to work later then 18.00pm on a rota basis
- Excellent people skills, being able to talk to children, adults, carers, family members, and other senior professionals.
- Reed Reward Benefits and Discounts
- Flexible Payment Options i.e. PAYE / Umbrella and Ltd options
- Weekly Pay, with Online Timesheet system