A reputable and leading organisation based in Chippenham are currently seeking an all-round support engineer to join their team on a permanent basis. This is an excellent opportunity for those who are looking for a role which will offer them variety and a chance to join a friendly and open team.
This is a remotely managed role so the ideal candidate will have the right aptitude to work productively and with little supervision. There will be remote support from their other UK offices however and from the Head of IT when needed.
The purpose of the role is to ensure the implementation of IS policy defined by the IS Department. The successful candidate will perform the operational maintenance, reliability and security checks of IT systems for the assigned area of responsibility (site scope and/or Design office). She or he will also contributes to the development of the group’s IS systems by driving new projects or developing an expert in a given recurring area.
• Manages the IS equipment (hardware, additional equipment, software, etc) of the site or the design office under responsibility;
• Installs the hardware and software and set up computer equipment for all the users under responsibility;
• Establishes and monitors the update of on-site hardware and software inventory;
• Analyzes IS failures and contributes with corrective actions;
• Performs first-level maintenance on computer equipment and coordinates supplier maintenance activities for sub-contracted equipment;
• Provides guidance and assistances to users on central applications, office software or Design office tools, depending on assigned area of responsibility;
• Formalizes and communicates on user needs through training and information transfer;
• Contributes pro-actively in IT budget development relevant to the site or the design office under responsibility, in compliance with the group’s IS strategy;
• May have to contribute in writing user procedures but also directives and technical procedures defined by the IS Director (DSI) (backup, security, operation) and ensure their effective implementation;
• Puts into practice the IS operating procedures (backup, archiving, etc.);
• Implements, updates and reports on IS performance indicators, different logbooks and progress reports required by the IS management.
- Microsoft word, excel, powerpoint (general knowledge)
- Windows 7, 10
- Email configuration (groupwise, outlook)
- Windows servers (operating systems and hardware)
- Nas storage devices
- IMB as/400 (wish list)
- Networking (general knowledge)
- Smartphones – android
- VOIP (TOIP)
- Desktops/ laptops
- CAD workstations
- Firefox, Internet Explorer
- Windows Active Directory
- Remote support tools
This is a permanent position based in the Chippenham area paying anywhere between £35-£43,000pa (depending on experience). The working hours are 8.30-4.30 Monday to Thursday and 8.30-3.30 on Fridays. There will also be options to work flexi-time after completion of probation.
If you have the relevant experience required for this role and are looking to join an organisation who offer excellent benefits and a great work/life balance then please apply with your updated CV in response to this advert.
Thank you for taking the time to read.