We have a fantastic opportunity for an Aids and Adaptations Supervisor working at a Leading Local Authority in North London. This is a temporary full time role, initially for the next 6 months.
Your role is to assist the Aids and Adaptations manager to co-ordinate an efficient, cost effective and cost effective and customer focused Adaptations Service with the Local Authorities Responsive Repairs. Ensuring the effective delivery of Adaptation building design, and maintenance solutions for its clients ensuring compliance with statutory requirements and industry best practices.
- To carry out home visits to undertake preliminary technical inspections, and to advise customers and colleagues on reasonable and practical adaptation schemes to meet the needs of a disabled person.
- You must be fully conversant with Auto-cad, to assist in carrying out designs.
- Should have good knowledge of carrying out inspections to stair lifts
- Experience of inspecting wet room showers for defects, and ability to liaise with contractors to resolve issues.
- Excellent knowledge of safety works to homes for vulnerable residents and their children
- To liaise with contractors, and co-ordinate asbestos works on site
- Carry out post visits to ensure all works are completed satisfactory, and to the Occupational Therapists / Surveyors specification and brief.
- To take responsibility for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children, young persons and vulnerable adults in who you come into contact with.
- To take early corrective action to manage or prevent disputes relating to the partnering arrangement.
- Valid Enhanced DBS on the Update Service
- Full UK Driving Licence, and access to a vehicle
- Previous Aids and Adaptations Supervisor Experience for a Local Authority
- Health and Safety knowledge
- Experienced In using Auto-cad
- Excellent people skills, being able to talk to children and families and senior professionals
- Reed Reward Benefits and Discounts
- Flexible Payment Options i.e. PAYE / Umbrella and Ltd options
- Weekly Pay, with Online Timesheet system