Essex County Council ( ECC) are seeking Adults social workers across a variety of teams and the chance to develop your career in one of the largest and most dynamic local authorities in the UK.
Working Hours: Full-time
Primary Location: Chelmsford, Harlow, Basildon
Interviews will be held via Microsoft Teams
We have a variety of opportunities available for those looking to develop their career with us. From early intervention to ongoing support. We have roles across Essex and hold assessment centres across the county.
Our Mid Essex area is at the centre of our county covering the Braintree, Chelmsford and
With the only City in the County and rural villages it is a diverse locality to work in. Bordering all other areas of the county you will have the opportunity to work closely with colleagues across Essex County Council. The main offices for Mid Essex are County Hall , Chelmsford, where you will find yourself right at the heart of the action with proximity to commissioning teams, policy makers and our corporate support services. This is also one of our most connected area of the county, with excellent travel links including direct trains to London. As a social care professional, either as an Occupational Therapist or Social Worker you will find the opportunity to develop your career, supported by a culture of innovation and a genuine ambition to change lives.
We are looking for those who are passionate about Social Care and want to be part of our mission
to make the best and most sustainable use of all resources available; to ensure our service users have access to information and tools to enable them to live healthily and independently for as long as possible; and to exercise choice and control over their lives, while ensuring safety, dignity and quality of life for all the adults we work with, including those in need of long term care.
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Educated to degree level i.e. Diploma or degree in social work, CQSW, CSS or equivalent. Current registration with SW England as a registered social worker.
- Evidence of continuing professional development and demonstrable capability of practice in accordance with current professional standards e.g. professional capability framework, knowledge and skills statement.
- Experience within a social care setting with evidence of challenging social and family situations.
- Strong communication skills and an ability to develop a rapport and engage with diverse groups of individuals.
- Developing strong relationships with partners, other agencies and the local community to achieve joint objectives and offer a supportive framework for children and vulnerable adults.
- Understand the financial implications of care packages commissioned
- Evidence of clear decision making in order to highlight and limit the potential risks associated with intervention.
The role requires you to be mobile throughout a wider operational area including travelling around the county of Essex and beyond, transporting service users and their belongings and to be able to do so in an emergency. Driving licence and car or the ability to meet the mobility requirements of the role through other means is essential.
Would you consider joining us? I’m free to talk every week day from 8am onwards and happy to take evening calls too if it’s easier. And if we’re very lucky, perhaps you might tell your friends too – don’t forget we offer £250 per successful referral.