Our mission is simple… to help the world Love Mondays.
Every week, thousands of people across the UK start a new job – and it’s our job to help them get there.
REED is a specialist provider of permanent, contract, temporary and outsourced recruitment solutions
We require a Adult Learning & Skills Manager to cover an existing workload within Wigan Council, based out of Wigan.
This is an interim position initially for 3-6 months with the potential to be extended, dependent on workload.
- To lead, manage and direct a number of multi-disciplined teams to gain maximum benefit to the borough through raising aspirations and employment opportunities through enhanced skills, learning and training provision in order to stimulate business growth for new, existing and developing business;
- To lead on the Councils skills and learning development and growth agenda and improve the contribution made by the public / private partnerships to support the economy and local employment opportunities and delivery of the Employment & Skills Strategy;
- To lead and strategically manage the commissioning of skills and learning training provision across the borough, including programmes delivered directly by the Council;
- To lead and strategically manage the co-ordination of a skills and learning service including contract / partner management, standards assessments, and the delivery of Adult Community Learning, Functional Skills, Basic English, Maths and ICT, and apprenticeship and traineeship programmes and placements;
- To lead and manage the development and implementation of a Marketing and Media strategy associated with improving and promoting a positive image of the borough for better skills and learning opportunities;
- To lead and strategically manage a suite of skills and learning contracts (funding, quality and delivery frameworks) through partnership working with training partners, maximising the borough’s assets and opportunities;
- To lead on skills and learning intelligence advice to the Council’s senior officers and Members on learner numbers, trends and analysis linking with the priorities and initiatives of the Joint Intelligence Unit;
- To lead and manage the co-ordination and implementation of partnerships structures, specifically Training provider partner forums and supporting the Assistant Director with the Employment & Skills Board and the Wigan Forward Board thematic partnership;
- To lead on the development of innovative project/programme proposals, the submission of relevant funding applications and negotiation of approvals with external agencies in support of the delivery of the Skills Strategy;
- To manage resources within the service area to maintain effective budgets, address reductions and meet savings targets effectively;
This role offers a competitive salary of from £176 up to £189 per day and you’ll be working via REED who offer great benefits such as discounts, cashback offers and more as well as weekly pay.
Any offers would be subject to right to work checks.
Please apply now or email email@example.com and join us in loving Mondays!