We have a fantastic opportunity for an Adults Learning and Skills Manager, working at a Leading Local Authority in Greater Manchester. This is a temporary full-time role, initially for the next 2 - 3 months.
Your role will be to assist the Assistant Director, through your Skills and Enterprise to lead the council through a process of continuous improvement to deliver an effective and efficient customer driven service. Providing strategic leadership, solutions, and advice on any associated skills and learning issues linked to contractual frameworks, skills training and learning policies, systems and strategies including cultural and organisational change.
To review the whole of current operations to maximise and develop the service.
To ensure the strategic and operational alignment of Adult Learning provision with the council’s employment and skills strategy, and other authorities combined.
Be accountable for the delivery of high-quality adult learning provision, with effective management of providers and provisions delivered directly, ensuring the market is responsive to learner and employee needs.
Lead and be accountable for the development of the quality improvement strategy, identifying areas for continuous improvement, the quality of teaching and learning practice and implementing priorities and actions for improvement.
Accountable as the designated safeguarding lead for Safeguarding and Prevent duties across the service, and as the nominee during Ofsted inspections of the quality and effectiveness of adult learning.
Be the lead accountable officer for the Greater Manchester Combined Authority and Education and skills funding agency grant funding, ensuring the timely return of data, financial and other reports required by the GMCA and ESFA and other funding bodies.
Lead the development and implementation of the Service Business Plan and associated objectives and targets, ensuring the effective management of budgets and deployment of resources.
- Full UK Driving Licence, and access to a vehicle.
- Previous Local Authority experience as an Adults Learning and Skills Manager
- Ideally must have a recognised Professional Management Qualification, and or Social Work Qualification
- Excellent people skills, being able to talk to Adults, Carers, Families, clients, all colleagues, and senior professionals.
- Reed Reward Benefits and Discounts
- Flexible Payment Options i.e. PAYE / Umbrella and Ltd options
- Weekly Pay, with Online Timesheet system