Reed have a great opportunity with our clients based in Woolpit. The position is a Administrator/ Receptionist, you will be part of a small and very supportive team. This role will be extremely hands on and busy.
Duties of the successful applicant will include (this list is not exhaustive)
• To ensure that an effective and efficient reception service is provided to patients and any other visitors to the practice.
• To deal with all general enquiries and explain surgery procedures.
• Booking, amending and cancelling patient’s appointments, ensuring optimum efficiently of the appointment system.
• Answering incoming telephone calls, ensuring calls are documented and redirected accordingly.
• Receiving and recording requests for home visits and ensuring Doctors have the necessary paperwork.
• Registering new and temporary patients, deducting patients that have left the surgery.
• To ensure correspondence such as reports and results are filed electronically in the correct patient’s record.
• Undertake administration tasks as allocated on rota organised by Senior Receptionist.
• Opening up/locking up of practice premises and maintaining security.
• Processing and distributing incoming and outgoing mail.
• To take messages accurately and pass on information.
• Filing and retrieving paperwork and medical records as necessary.
• To provide general administrative support such as filing, photocopying and scanning.
• To carry out any reasonable duties requested by the Doctors, or Administration Manager.
Key skills and personal characteristics
• Accurate and methodical
• Excellent customer service skills
• Computer skills
• Able to keep calm under pressure
• Flexible and positive attitude
It is essential applicants meet the following criteria
• Excellent phone, interpersonal and communication skills
• Proven ability to provide excellent customer service
• Ability to work efficiently and calm under pressure and in emergency situations
• Ability to work as part of a team but also unsupervised as required
• Possess good computer skills
• Able to multi-task
• Experience of handling confidential information
• Excellent time management skills and have the ability to prioritise requests to deal with conflicting demands and meet deadlines
• To be able to collate and disseminate voluminous and complex information
• Flexibility within working hours to cover extra sessions for holiday and sickness.
Hours 24.5 hours per week.
Monday 1pm -6pm
Tuesday 8am – 6pm
Wednesday – No core hours
Thursday 1pm – 6.30pm
Friday – 8am – 1pm
Pay - £10ph
A DBS is required for the role, if you are on the update service please get in touch ASAP
Apply now if you feel you are suitable for the position .