A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced Birth Registrar to work for a highly respected and well-established Local Authority in Bolton. This role is available on a full time temporary basis.
What’s my role?
Due to lockdown the registration service has been left with a large volume of birth registrations that need to be completed. The service is looking to employ a suitably qualified person to register these births. This is done by a face to face interview with the parents (behind protective screens) on an appointment basis.
Your responsibilities can include but are not limited to;
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with members of the public, staff and all other service users.
- Ability to deal with situations showing empathy and understanding.
- Ability to handle cash and balance daily cash activities leaving a clear audit trail.
- Ability to demonstrate clear and legible handwriting and pay particular attention to detail.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- To comply with and adhere to the instructions as laid down by Statute.
- Ability to work on own initiative and to prioritise workload to meet needs of service.
- To input and extract information into computerise and manual systems ensuring accuracy for the production of statutory documents.
What skills do I need?
- Previous registration service experience.
- Experience organising and maintaining information systems, including databases and filing accurately.
- Ability to work to targets and deadlines.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office packages and ability to use various IT systems.
The successful candidate will be able to thrive in a fast paced and outcome focused environment. You will possess great attention to detail and be able to multi-task effectively. You will also be proactive, highly motivated, organised and have the ability to work as part of a team.
Please apply now if this opportunity is of interest to you.