Our mission is simple… to help the world Love Mondays.
Every week, thousands of people across the UK start a new job – and it’s our job to help them get there.
REED is a specialist provider of permanent, contract, temporary and outsourced recruitment solutions
I am recruiting for an experienced Administrative Support Officer to join a team based in the Newbury area.
The overall purpose of the role is to: Provide a comprehensive and flexible administrative support and confidential secretarial services to the to a police team with specific assistance given to the Assistant Chief Officer and their Senior Management Teams
The areas of accountability include:
- Manage Senior Leadership Team diaries to ensure effective timetabling and co-ordination of activities, allocation of workloads of the Administrative Assistants ensuring the provision of a high quality customer focussed service to both internal and external customers of the South East Region.
- Prepare files and other papers for meetings, review actions, obtain background papers and other appropriate information; attend meetings, taking accurate and often confidential minutes, then prepare and distribute them.
- Respond on behalf of the Senior Leadership Team (SLT) on routine matters and straightforward correspondence, manage incoming calls and e-mails as appropriate. Produce draft replies, against guidelines for more complex issues, and notify the SLT members of any matters requiring urgent attention; liaise with police officers and staff to obtain information, undertake research and provide information and /or presentation materials including the use of PowerPoint.
- Ensure completion of delegated tasks, including the acquisition of information, provision of updates on projects, and collation of information for the briefing of senior managers; provide resilience to other roles in the departmental structure in relation to specific tasks during times of temporary abstraction as appropriate.
You will have:
- A confident communicator at all levels with good standard of education (excellent literacy and numeracy skills); significant professional administrative experience, with a proven ability to take minutes having attained RSA III or equivalent and may be working towards or attained NVQ Customer Service level 2 or equivalent.
- Proven interpersonal skills and the ability to promote professional working relationships with personnel at all levels. This skill will have been developed in a demanding office environment where they will have regularly demonstrated discretion, tact and diplomacy, multi-tasking, enthusiasm, initiative, and flexibility.
- Proven ability to work to deadlines, handle diverse information, manage a substantial workload and solve problems with minimum supervision.
- Must have capability to travel to different locations across the Regionally / Nationally and undertake all assignments in a timely manner, being available to work flexibly, some evenings and weekends, where required.
This is a temporary role, working on a full-time basis for an initial 3 - 6 months paying £12.07 per hour PAYE or £14.70 per hour Umbrella.
Please apply now or email Derrick.Codling@reedglobal.com and join us in loving Mondays
All roles are subject to strict police vetting and right to work checks