Thames Valley Police are recruiting for an Administrative Officer to provide a comprehensive, effective and efficient administrative financial support service whilst giving advice to both internal / external customers and support service to the SEROCU (South East and South East Regional Organised Crime Unit) SLT (Senior Leadership Team)
- Act as main point of contact for Procurement, managing requisitions and utilising systems to order equipment, furniture and stationery as required, ensuring customer requirements are being met within the constraints of the finance available.
- Complete routine administration functions including: internal and external telephone calls, emails, supporting ad hoc project work, post/visitors and minute taking whilst providing efficient and effective administrative support to SEROCU SLT members where required.
- Manage the administrative process around internal and external training, developing and updating relevant systems to ensure adequate records are maintained to record induction, training and development (including mandatory requirements).
- Provide advice/guidance regarding travel and accommodation requests, utilising systems to book authorised requests for flights, hire cars, hotels, catering and courses. Management and allocation of Fuel Cards for SEROCU vehicles
- Authorise and process requests relevant to SEROCU capabilities in accordance with Force policy/financial regulations ensuring statutory/legal compliance.
You will have:
- Significant experience of working in a demanding administrative role including: organising/minuting meetings and management of multiple diaries.
- Proven decision making skills and ability to work on own initiative, with minimum supervision. Experience of monitoring, maintaining and improving existing working practices with a high level of integrity and accuracy. Experience of delivering small projects and initiatives.
- Proven interpersonal skills and the ability to promote professional working relationships with stakeholders / internal customers at all levels by understanding, communicating and managing priorities to ensure deadlines are met. Must be able to: show discretion, act with tact and diplomacy, multi-task, show enthusiasm / initiative and flexibility. Ability to be innovative and problem solve by using different materials / computer systems before deferring to a line manager with a range of options.
- Computer literate with knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including Excel, PowerPoint and Word. Confident at intermediate level with an aptitude/willingness to learn new systems/technology when it develops.
- Current knowledge or willingness to understand policing policies and procedures.
- Ability to demonstrate sensitivity, confidentiality and high standards of integrity at all times whilst adhering to strict data compliance protocols.
This is a long term temporary position for 12 months paying £12.50 for three months then £12.79 thereafter, full time and based in Kidlington HQ
This post is restricted to British Passport holders
As with all roles, is it subject to TVP vetting