***The salary for this role will be up €27,000***
My client, an insurance company based in Dublin 2 are seeking an underwriting administrator to join their team. Due to current restrictions the role can be worked from home, once restrictions lift the role will be split between the office and from home.
The ideal candidate will have experience working in the insurance industry. This is a fantastic opportunity for a candidate with 1-2 years office administrative experience.
Duties & Responsibilities
- To provide support in all aspects of the underwriting, sales and administration of inspection and insurance quotations.
- To support the Business Development Managers and the Dublin branch in achieving new business and growth targets
- Provide an effective and responsive administrative support to the underwriting team and department to enable the effective delivery of a high standard of customer service.
- To help achieve all of the region’s service and operational KPIs
- Responsibility for the accurate and timely maintenance of all quote files, ensuring the files are updated as required; and are maintained to audit requirements
- Contribute towards the achievement of the financial results of the regional team through effective team working and collaboration
- Effectually underwrite existing business cases, including analysis and compilation of data for referrals seeking guidance and support to ensure accuracy
- Respond to internal requests for information and broker queries in a timely manner, ensuring queries are resolved or escalated as required
- Effectively contribute towards the region’s loss ratio by adhering to team KPIs and company plans
- Ensure all regulatory and compliance requirements are fully understood and adhered to at all times
- Demonstrate commitment to learning and progression towards developing underwriting knowledge
- Understand and ensure compliance with the company’s complaints policy, procedures and processes
Skills & attributes required
- Customer relationship management
- A good decision maker with analytical and reasoning skills
- Collaboration and teamwork
- Problem solving
- Strong trading capability – commercial awareness, negotiation skills, ability to build strong broker relationships
- Accepting change and taking initiative
- Good IT skills - fully versed in MS Word and Excel
- Takes ownership and accountability for performance