Reports to- Admin / Reception Lead
Liaises with- Referring doctors and their staff, patients, insurance companies and all internal departments as required
Shift Patterns - 08:30-16:30
Job Summary- To work as part of a small team providing a highly efficient administration and reception service
Our reception team are the first point of contact for all patients and visitors to the scanning centre; therefore, a professional, friendly and polite manner is essential in order to assist in the smooth and efficient running of the centre by following agreed policies and procedures.
To promote a professional image of the company at all times and be knowledgeable about the services the centre provides.
• To deal with all enquiries both in person and on the telephone in a polite and professional manner.
• Transfer calls as required.
• To arrange appointments for all patients in accordance with centre protocols, utilising the centre’s computerised patient administration system.
• Send out appointment confirmations and supporting information to patients.
• Obtain pre-authorisation from private medical insurance companies for insurance covered scans.
• Liaise with external partners to organise specific appointments.
• Conduct courtesy calls and send out reminders to patients.
• Greet all patients and visitors on arrival at the centre.
• Communicating with other departments on patient and visitor arrivals.
• Ensure accuracy of patient details and that required paperwork is completed.
• Respond to email and website enquiries.
• Chase referral letters.
• Keep the reception area clean and tidy at all times.
• Ensure waiting areas, corridors and stairs are kept tidy and free from hazards.
• Assist other departments as required at the discretion of reception manager.
• General office duties:
o Taking payments.
o Updating patient records.
o Unlocking / locking gate.
o Preparing daily sheets.
o Preparing patient questionnaires for next day.
o Cover for healthcare assistant for patient refreshments.
• Always be vigilant and report problems and concerns to the Reception Manager.
o Excellent customer care and communication.
o Able to deliver clear and accurate information.
o Passionate about attention to detail.
o Excellent telephone manner.
o Enjoys working as part of a small team.
o Able to use IT and operate a computer based patient administration system.
o Comfortable dealing with money.
o Ability to use own initiative.
• A ‘can do’ attitude
• Customer focus
• High attention to detail
• Friendly, warm and welcoming
• 2 years administrative and / or reception experience gained in private healthcare is desired.