Thames Valley Police are recruiting an Administrative Support Assistant to join the Force Crime/ Force Intelligence Unit.
You will play a crucial role in ensuring the efficiency and effectiveness of the teams by assisting in the following areas:
- Coordinating and managing the Detective Superintendent’s engagements, diary commitments and ensure relevant supporting material is prepared and available. Prepare files and other papers for meetings, review actions, obtain background papers and other appropriate information, attend meetings, taking accurate and often confidential minutes, then prepare and distribute them
- Managing and coordinating written / electronic correspondence for Force Crime / Force Intelligence Detective Superintendent portfolios to ensure work is prioritised and processed effectively for: enquiries, documentation, reports, correspondence, complaints, and enquiries
- Management of Detective Superintendents’ inboxes. Respond on behalf of Detective Superintendents on routine matters and straightforward correspondence. Notify detective superintendents of any matters requiring urgent attention, liaise with officers and staff to obtain information. Ensure internal departmental-wide communications are sent out when required
- Making all arrangements for departmental conferences and seminars, including booking of venue, catering, liaising with internal and external stakeholders, assisting with presentations (PowerPoint) and marketing material, managing attendee lists.
You will have:
- Minute-taking (desired) and diary management experience
- Strong typing and general admin experience including good overall IT literacy
- Excellent attention to detail
This is initially a 6 month contract with potential to become permanent. Rate of pay is £10.28, rising to £11.16 per hour after 3 months. The position is full time.