An exciting fixed term contract/ secondment opportunity has arisen in the Housing and Adult Social Services (Resource Team) for the post of Brokerage Resource Officer. The post is available from late March 2020 to cover a team member on maternity leave. This a full time position paying from £17 per hour.
Please apply ASAP if interested!
Primary Job Function
The post holder will support the Brokerage Management Team to ensure the department and partner organisations are supported effectively in the commissioning of Residential and Domiciliary Care across both block and spot contract care provision. The post holder will also ensure all systems are appropriately and promptly updated. The post holder will be responsible for the effective management of bed vacancies within block care homes and support the team managers in accurate and timely bed void reporting. The Post holder will ensure where possible to provide an integrated seamless approach to providing brokerage support.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To manage a case load of residential placement referrals. To include the effective case management of the referral ensuring suitable residential placements are sourced with reference to the Councils internal policies and procedures and with due regard to statutory quality assurance mechanisms and internal procedures.
- To effectively identify appropriate residential care vacancies within the Block provision and with Spot Residential Care Home providers, subject to Value for Money and Quality utilising a range of assistive technology to negotiate and secure best prices.
- To support the Resource Team Management in ensuring effective and efficient management of the Block contracted residential bed provision and the Block contracted homecare provision.
- To provide an effective support in the commissioning of Domiciliary Care packages with Block and Spot providers.
- To communicate appropriately and effectively on the telephone or by email with a wide range of internal and partnership service teams, departments and external care providers.
- To ensure accurate and prompt data updating/ processing across a wide range of computer software systems.
- To support the Department IQAM (Integrated Quality Assurance Management) weekly meeting, providing intelligence on bed availability, waiting lists and recording accurate minutes.
- To assist in establishing and maintaining high quality administrative systems and exploiting the use of IT.
- To accurately process a range of invoices as delegated with due regard to the Councils Financial regulations and payment policies.
- To undertake other duties commensurate to the grade of the post.