Currently recruiting for an experienced Accounts Preparation and Tax Accountant to join an established, rapidly growing independent accountancy practice based in Crawley, West Sussex. Reporting to the Director, the varied role will be working in a professional and sociable team environment with a fantastic working culture. The practice offers a full range of accounting and taxation services to a widely varied client portfolio of small to medium sized owner managed businesses throughout the South East.
Your duties will include:-
• Preparation of annual financial statements under FRS102 and FRS105
• Preparation of corporation tax computations and returns
• Preparation of individual self assessment tax returns
• Assisting the department to deliver a high level of service to clients
• Dealing with HMRC and client enquiries
The successful candidate must have the ability to work to tight deadlines with a very high attention to detail and accuracy.
You will have previous experience in tax compliance and limited company accounts preparation. Ideally, you will be ATT qualified and/or studying ATT/CTA. Good written and verbal communication skills are essential as well as having strong Microsoft Office skills. You will have experience dealing directly with small business owners and individuals. You must have good organisational skills as well as being able to prioritise a changing workload.