Our client, just outside Slough is looking for a Purchase Ledger Clerk for their accounts team:
* TEMP TO PERM *
• Code and check invoices
• Pay out money via BACS or by cheque
• Check and reconcile supplier statements
• File invoices and statements
• Deal with purchase enquiries
• Process staff expenses
• Liaise with Team Manager on all Purchase Ledger and Supplier related issues.
• Liaise with suppliers in both resolving issues and in driving supplier based efficiencies within the process.
• Maintaining confidentiality of the department and using discretion where necessary.
• Ensuring good relations and communications with all members of the team and responding politely and in a timely fashion to internal and external customers.
• Working with all members of staff to maintain and develop the positive progressive culture within the Company
• Problem solving and dealing with complex queries
The successful candidate will:
• Previous Purchase Ledger experience is required
• A good understanding of purchase ledger cycle to include processing reconciliations and payments at an advanced level
• Attention to detail and be organised to manage own workload as well as others
• Ability to adhere to strict deadlines and company guidelines
• Excellent data entry skills – fast and accurate.
• Exceptionally high standards with meticulous attention to detail.
• Highly organised and a ‘completer-finisher’.
• A flexible team player with the ability to work proactively.
• Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal).
• A self-starter with a positive, enthusiastic ‘can do’ attitude and a down to earth approachable manner.
• A problem solver with the ability to assume responsibility and act on own initiative.
• Ability to work accurately in a busy, demanding environment, whilst adhering to stringent deadlines.
• Ability to work in a structured, repetitive role requiring high levels of concentration and stamina.
• Reliable, conscientious and dedicated.