Are you an experienced Accounts Payable individual looking for your next challenge?
Do you have experience managing or supervising a finance team?
Reed Accountancy Oxfordshire are pleased to be working with a reputable company based in West Oxfordshire to help source an Accounts Payable Supervisor. This is a newly created role in a busy finance function. The role offers a salary of up to £32,000 per annum, plus 5% bonus , 25 days annual leave (plus Bank holidays) and is currently based from home for the foreseeable.
This role consists of managing a team of 7 AP Coordinators, supporting Accounts Payable, Data Management and Corporate Cards, reporting to the AP Manager. The primary responsibility will be to manage the team to process supplier invoices, working with the business to resolve queries and on-hold invoices to enable on time payment, in addition to supporting the implementation of change into the accounts function.
The details of the role includes, but are not limited to:
- Holds weekly team meetings and 121s with direct reports to ensure appropriate communication and that personal development and objectives are on track.
- Defines the key goals/objectives for direct reports.
- Defines and agrees personal development plans.
Service and Performance
- Monitors day to day performance of the team to ensure monthly service levels and KPIs will be met.
- Ensures reporting and monitoring of monthly service levels and resulting actions as required.
- Ensures service levels and process documentation are maintained and saved securely.
- Chairs multiple monthly meetings with Commercial and Finance Management to discuss their respective payables status.
- Builds strong relationships with internal stakeholders and understands supplier approval and payment practices.
- Builds strong relationships with the direct team and internally (including, Commercial and Finance) to influence and ensure full buy in to agreed plans, actions.
- Ensure ongoing communication to internal customers.
The ideal candidate must have experience managing a finance team and strong AP experience. Having a can do and attitude and approachable nature is preferred. Ideally you will have Oracle experience and have had worked in a Shared Service Centre previously. You will have exceptional written and verbal communication skills. The role will initially be working from home, however this will not permanent and you will eventually be working from the office.
If you think this is the ideal role for you, please do not hesitate to apply now as this client is very keen to see CVs ASAP.