Reed are actively working with a well-known manufacture who are looking for a Accounts Payable Officer to join their team. Working as part of the accounts team the Accounts Payable Officer will be responsible for maintaining financial records, petty cash and expenses. Working closely with the Finance and Accounts Manager you will ensure the financial function runs efficiently.
Main duties will include;
- Reconciles processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances.
- Processing invoices by matching purchase orders through our ERP system including monitoring and if any follow up where required for the invoices or PO to be approved by the approvers within the business.
- Charges expenses to accounts and cost centres by analysing invoice/expense reports; recording entries.
- Prepare payment journals and facilitate paying vendors by monitoring discount opportunities; scheduling and preparing cheques; resolving purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation; issuing stop-payments or purchase order amendments.
- Pays employees by receiving and verifying expense reports and requests for advances; preparing cheques.
- Maintains accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions.
- Verifies vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions.
- Maintains historical records by scanning in invoices in Microsoft Axapta (Dynamics) and filing documents.
- Disburses petty cash by recording entry; verifying documentation.
- Assists in certain analysis and month end reporting, and assists in preparation of VAT and Intrastat reports by calculating requirements on paid invoices.
- Protects organisation's value by keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Previous experience is essential – ideally from a manufacturing background, however not essential
- Competent with Exel, including Vlook up, pivot tables etc…
- Experienced double entry skills
- Willingness to learn
In return you will be offered a generous salary and benefits package.
If you tick the above boxes then we would love to see your cv.