REED Accountancy & Finance Lancaster & Cumbria are pleased to be working with a prestigious organisation based in Barrow-in-Furness to recruit an Accounts Payable Manager.
The business and finance department are going through a development stage so we are looking for an innovative & motivated character that can assist in the development of key efficiencies to improve service and internal processes.
The successful candidate will be part of a well-established team, and leading a small team of Accounts Assistants, the team also has plans for growth soon.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced leader to really make their mark on a team and be part of positive change and development within the business.
Key duties will include:
- Responsibility for effective, timely and accurate invoice processing across AP function, ensuring invoices are fully processed in accordance with supplier payment terms.
- Ownership of AP processes and controls across managed ledgers, including supplier statement reconciliations, debit balances and segregation of duties.
- Stakeholder management to ensure a strong control environment across the whole P2P cycle.
- Recruit, develop and coach AP team members, ensuring staff are fully supported and motivated to achieve team objectives.
- Timely and accurate processing and payment of staff expense. Promote good practice within the expenses process by liaising with claimants and approvers.
A successful applicant will have display the following:
- Experience leading a team within finance, accounts and be focused on strong efficient process and procedure to limit error.
- Previous experience of managing an Accounts Payable function in a medium to large company environment.
- Strong Excel skills
- Experience managing a diverse, busy team.
- Accounts qualifications would be desirable but are not essential.
If this sounds like the role for you, please apply using the link or contact Shannon McGarry – Senior Business Manager at REED Accountancy & Finance Lancaster and Cumbria for more information.
Why contact REED Accountancy & Finance? Shannon McGarry, Senior Business Manager has been an expert recruiter in the area for nearly 7 years. Shannon builds a trusted and long-standing relationship with her clients and candidates always ensuring she is able to offer in-depth advice and guidance. Here at REED we will never work a role without meeting with the business and hiring manager which means that we truly understand the role and have the client commitments. Please get in touch with our Reed Finance & Accountancy Lancaster and Cumbrian office to find out more or take a look at our Google reviews.