Reed Accountancy are working with a top international professional services firm based in Bristol City centre with excellent transport links. This is a newly created position where you will have an opportunity to build your own team and really make a difference within the finance function and organisation.
Reporting to the UK CFO, you will have full responsibility of the accounts payable function, adhering to internal financial controls and policies in relation to all transactions and processes.
Managing a team of 7, you will be advising on best practice and be also responsible for producing and interpreting key management reports.
Duties will include:
- Ensuring that all financial controls, policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Responsible for the accurate inputting and posting of payments, receipts and transfers through both office and client account.
- Responsible for timely and accurate payments to all suppliers and the monthly reconciliation of the supplier accounts
- Responsible for the Office bank accounts, ensuring daily, weekly and monthly bank reconciliations are carried out.
- Authorisation of transactions on behalf of the finance department, providing corporate governance and financial control.
- Responsibility for coordinating the six monthly audit
- Building strong relationships and developing mutual understanding with the firm’s external suppliers, to ensure the smooth operation of the accounts payable process.
- Liaising with the Financial Accounting Manager ensuring accurate information is provided re cash flow forecasting.
- Providing your team’s training, development, one to one's and ensuring the work is being completed and meeting the SLA's.
- Accepting responsibility and taking ownership of operational issues, finding practical solutions and escalating problems where appropriate.
- Interacting with a wide range of contacts at different levels
- Continuous monitoring of the service levels provided by the team, in particular turn-around times, accuracy and quality of service.
- Ensuring the team has an understanding of the needs of the individual practice areas and business service departments in order to provide a high quality service.
- Adhering to agreed best practices, policies and processes whilst adapting to local requirements as necessary.
The Ideal You
- Experience managing an accounts payable team
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Demonstrated experience in successful team leadership and management
- Excellent working use of Microsoft office
- A great attitude including flexibility and a willingness to work additional hours on occasion as required.
- Able to develop professional relationships and build business through diverse networks.
- A competitive salary
- An excellent benefits package
- Modern, recently refurbished offices
- The opportunity to work for an international growing organisation
The role will initially be working from home with a mix of home and office working in the future.
If I am describing your next role, APPLY NOW and I will be in touch.